The race is on to build hands-on coding skills! This set provides an introduction to coding skills, giving early learners a fun, real-world application of these essential 21st-century skills. Coding promotes problem solving, self-correcting errors, critical thinking, analytical thinking, if-then logic, working collaboratively with others, discussion and communication skills, calculating distance, spatial concepts and much more.
Build your maze, and then use the coding cards to create a step-by-step path for Colby, the Programmable Robot Mouse. Program the sequence of steps, and then watch Colby race to find the cheese! Colby lights-up, makes sounds, and features 2 speeds along with colorful buttons to match coding cards for easy programming and sequencing. Add multiple players with Jack, the Programmable Robot Mouse, sold separately.
Instructions for use
1. Build your grid by connecting all 16 grid pieces together to form one large square maze board or make any configuration you can imagine!
2. Create a maze by inserting the walls into the lines on the board and placing tunnels on the board. Follow the patterns on the activity cards to re-create each maze or create your own maze and invite your friends to try it.
3. Place the colorful coding cards in order to keep track of each step in a sequence.
4. Program Colby to maneuver through the maze and to the cheese!
· Set the Power switch to ON.
· Choose Colby’s speed.
· Press Colby’s buttons according to your coding cards.
· Place the robot on the starting position and press GO.
· activity guide
· 30 double-sided coding cards
· 10 double-sided activity cards
· 1 cheese wedge
· 16 maze grids
· 22 maze walls
· 3 tunnels
· 1 Robot mouse (with 7 seven programmable buttons, power and speed switches)
· Size: 11 Χ 7.5 Χ5 cm
· Step size: 12.5 cm
· Turn: 90 degrees
· Operation: 3 AAA batteries (not included)
· Jack Robot Mouse